The next chapter is about to begin!
We are only a couple weeks away from the repairs on the inside of the Post being complete. It is almost time for everyone to come and visit the post to see what renovations have been made and what it looks like. These renovations were only possible with the help of Chive Nation, Chive Charities, Team Rubicon, Operation Supply Drop and the entire membership. It is humbling to see how far we have gone over the past couple of months.
Even though repairs are almost complete, we still have alot of work to do. We have a service members, Veterans, families and the community that still need our support. Now that we have a location available, we will start pushing the community events a bit more and work towards supporting more events across the region. Below are some of the areas we will be discussing on the October 4th membership meeting:
1. Moving forward on acquiring a Bingo License.
2. Discussion on monthly breakfast for post membership.
3. Finalize plans and contracts needed to rent facility out to other organizations, groups and individuals.
4. Begin working on creation our Sons of the American Legion chapter.
5. Create opportunities for families to come to the facility and network.
6. Discuss other fundraising opportunities that have presented themselves over the past couple of months.
We have alot to discuss as we move into the next phase of our Post. We are moving along nicely with our membership numbers and with an operational post again, we should have no issues increasing our presence. As a family, we need to continue to recruit new members and bring back old members.
Thanks for all the hard work and we know it has been a long road. We are about to complete the first lap and then we continue on this amazing journey to support those around us.
American Legion Post 230 Leadership