Post 230 March Membership Meeting Notes
On March 23, 2017 American Legion post members will get together at Spring Lake Town Hall (300 Ruth St., Spring Lake, NC 28390) at 7pm EST for our monthly meeting. This meeting is open to all current members of American Legion Post 230 and those looking to get involved with our community efforts.
Below are details about our meeting coming up on Thursday. We look forward to seeing you there.
1) We are going to discuss post finances as well as the various grants we have submitted to support Hurricane Matthew repairs that are still needed.
2) We have had 5 new members come into the post in March.
3) We will discuss Amercanism to include Oratorical winner, visit to Overhills High School JROTC program and Post Boys State nominations.
4) We will discuss current meeting times and vote for a time change of meetings from fourth Thursday at 7pm each month, to fourth Saturday at 1pm each month.
5) We will discuss Hurricane clean-up Operations and completion of sub-flooring removal from the post.
6) We will discuss the BBQ fundraiser that is occurring on March 24th, 2017 at the Post. Details are located here. We also want to discuss and get a vote for April 28th BBQ at the Post.
7) Legion Riders will be having their meeting on 8 April from 0900-1000 @ Village Coffee in Spring Lake.
8) We will discuss having an Easter Egg Hunt on Post grounds on 15 April.
9) We will discuss Post 230 supporting the Spring Lake Spring Fling in April which includes a booth.
10) We will discuss the Post switching from Bank of American to BB&T in FY 2018.
11) We will discuss upcoming elections of new leadership inside of the Post. Request nominations start in April so that by May, we can vote everyone in and get things completed.
12) We will discuss working with Harnett Country Veteran Treatment court.
13) We have our QTRLY Audit due in April. We will discuss a time, location and volunteers to complete the audit.
14) We will discuss upcoming events: EMT Certificate Commendation, Ft. Bragg Transition Summit and Soldier for Life Program.
We then will open up the discussion to the larger member base for any discussion points you may have.